Pages

Monday, December 22, 2008

KT Tunstall



Just a quick one.....

Last night we had the privilege of being able to walk 50 yards around the corner to catch an acoustic KT Tunstall gig - she is on her honeymoon at the moment, KT and her new hubbie have obviously decided that life away from music is a bit too boring so they played a short notice gig at Bodega in Welly.

And I must say it was blinkin great - I have obviously heard her most popular tunes before but had never seen her live but she was really impressive. Her put downs of some drunk Scots (not us) in the audience were also rather impressive.

I had my Scotland top on so quite a number of people came up to speak to us which was funny but KT Tunstall was too elusive and we couldn't be bothered hanging about to get a photo - who knows we will probably bump into her at a touristy place anyway somewhere in NZ.

Anyway, over and out - many thanks for all the congratulatory texts, comments and emails regarding the job!

Merry Christmas,

Steph

4 comments:

  1. Ah, so it was you two texting from the KT Tunstall gig. This is the first blog comment I've left. Dunno if it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems it does...this is actually quite easy, eh?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right so you've been hanging out with the fantastic KT and the amazing Jose Padilla - I am sooo jealous!! We've had a bit of Coldplay, Primal Scream and Amy Macdonald recently so I suppose that ain't bad. FAB news on the job front, makes us seriously want to consider a trip to NZ as I have relatives in Warkworth (the other island but they surely can't be THAT far apart??).
    Love to you both at Christmas time and thanks for the lovely postcard.
    Lorna and Ross xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lorna Mc, glad you worked it out finally. You are an asset to the teaching profession - only joking, please don't kill me. ;o)

    Lorna W, if you guys are up for it then it would be great to see you - the distance can still be quite a way depending how you travel but if you book ahead you can get really cheap short flights from South to North and back again.

    ReplyDelete