After 8 months on the road and being a lady of leisure I have not been ill once......one week after re-entering the working work and I have a cold - clearly work doesn't agree with me!!
Seriously though, its all going well, I started on Monday and was in Auckland by Tuesday at a 2day team mtg/forum. Seems like a great team and there's lots of interesting things happening in the world of NZ Tennis. As a little intro I was asked what my most embarrassing sporting moment was and I replied that it would be in about 6 hours when we go out to play some tennis! Yes that is right, there was the opportunity for everyone to play at the end of the day and I wanted to appear keen so decided (stupidly) to join in. However, I did feel the need to put everyone in the picture re: my playing ability due to the fact that almost all of the people there (including the CEO of Tennis NZ) were all top seeded in NZ and at least two of them had been or close to turning Pro. As usual, I was completely out my depth but had a smile on my face and played the "I'm scottish and the new girl" card to the full. I was of course disastrous and it was very unfortunate that I had to reveal my weaknesses after two days but hey, they new what they were getting when they offered me the job. All in all - I think I'm going to like this tennis gig :-)
Unfortunately the car we were thinking about buying, a slinky little 23 year old red sports car failed its MOT and was going to cost 3 x more to get fixed than we were going to pay so we decided to hold fire on that one. Mechanically it was totally fine but rust was an issue. I get a car with work which will help us to get out and about.
Not much else to report at the moment, just thought I'd let you know I have survived my first week!
No comments:
Post a Comment