Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2015

At last - a spare moment....and a new job!

Many many apologies - it has been so long since I was able to write a post - almost exactly a month in fact.

Since the end of May I have been working on job applications, not because I was desperate to leave my job but I had been in an Acting Principal Teacher role since January and when it came to an end in April it was important for me to try and keep the momentum going.

I worked really hard on my application form and ended up getting two interviews - one of the jobs I didn't get but the second one I managed to get (just found out on Friday).

I am very much torn because I really liked where I was but it is time to move on and the school I am now at will be a very different kettle of fish compared to the last one - but perhaps even more enjoyable!

Anyway - I have a lot to recap from the last month - you already have a lot of the photos so I won't repeat them but life happened like this:

1) Katie surprised me with an amazing trip through to Edinburgh for the day which turned out to actually be an overnight - which was brilliant. Especially as she had told me we were going shopping in Glasgow - which you can imagine I was dreally looking forward to ;o) Well done to Katie for once again pulling the birthday wool over my eyes.

2) We had a fabulous party at our house - the inside of our house was just about ready for a party and the outside had just been finished that morning (well the trees were getting cut down right up to the last minute) We had a good crowd at the party which was kind of for Sophie, Katie and myself but my 40th seemed to overshadow everything else. Sorry girls!

Matt and Donia were in Scotland and joined us for the party - many thanks to them and to Gill for helping out with the barbecue and letting me mingle with partygoers. Thanks also to everyone for coming along and for all the presents.

3) Paul and Nicole made us a fabulous book - we can let you see it next time you visit - it is amazing.

4) Paul also helped my Mum put together a book for my 40th of pictures from my youth - it is also amazing and you can also see that when you visit.

5) Katie went back to work and since then my Mum Irene has been looking after Sophie and doing a wonderful job and then Katie's Mum Hilary was up last week and also did a wonderful job looking after Sophie. We are very lucky to have so many people involved in Sophie's life - especially as Katie resumes work 3 days a week!

6) Well - that's kind of where we are up to now - job interviews and job success - I finish up for my summer holidays next week and we are heading to Cornwall at some point to see Will and Tara who we met in NZ, and also Alan and Pam who moved to middle england this year. Should be a great trip in our brand new big family Qashqai! It's all been happening hasn't it?

So where are the latest photos I hear you ask - well Katie has some good ones on her phone that I will add this week at some stage but here are some of mine from the last week or so, with some videos.






  

Sophie can walk much better than this video suggests - and that's why we weren't exactly racing to help her - we knew she would be fine. She is a brilliant wee girl who continues to amuse us every day. We are very proud parents - can you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment