Happy Halloween (if you are into that kind of thing). Seems like Halloween has got a lot more about being scary than when I was a kid dressing up as a space invaders machine to get a prize at the Cubs party. Thanks Mum and Dad ;o)
Sophie started the week as usual at Grans but when she went to nursery she made some scary Halloween cookies. Unfortunately not gluten free so I couldn't enjoy all the sugary goodness.
Katie had put a lot more effort into Halloween than me - to be honest my week at work was mental, I think that the full moon and anticipation of Halloween itself was enough to drive everyone around the bend. You wouldn't believe it if I told you everything that happened this week.
However, I am happy that Katie did go to a lot of trouble and we were all prepared to accept guisers to our house - Sophie was loving the party atmosphere even though nobody came to us before we had to venture out ourselves (before Sophie's bedtime). We have a lot of sweets left to eat in our house - maybe they will keep until next year?
We visited 4 houses around our street and Sophie charged into every house looking for something to eat - so much so we had to basically burst through the door of every house to make sure she didn't cause too much trouble.
The following photos are of Sophie in our house waiting for guisers - there are lots of them - quite a few of the blurry cos it was so dark. And dark as it happens is a new word for Sophie, as is snacks. Hope these photos don't frighten you too much!
![]() |
| "Come on in if you don't mind my pet spider" |
![]() |
| "What time are we heading out?" |
![]() |
| "A tiny pumpkin carved for me by Dad" |
![]() |
| "I don't want all those sweets - I like cornflakes" |
We still have to wallpaper one wall a funky colour and furnish the whole room, oh and get a new carpet.......and buy curtains. I have already removed a fireplace, stripped the walls and we had plasterer in but it was taking a while to get done. We are almost there.........we really did appreciate the time and space to get this far though.











No comments:
Post a Comment